Similar to Johns review - the canisters are covered in warnings but there’s no instructions on how to use them, or what order to use them in, or anything. The information under the label is just more warnings, no instructions. Very disappointed. New to cycling so wrong to assume I can just pick up and go.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of this Cleaning kit. Whilst the reglementary information is present on all items there is indeed no indication as to which order the items should be used. As a simple guide I would suggest the following:
1) Wet your bike with a hose or a wet sponge.
2) Spray on the pink liquid cleaner and sponge thoroughly all over your bike (no need to clean the gearing and chain at this stage)
3) Rinse off all the soap then dry the bike thoroughly
4) Carefully spray the degreaser on your chain, rear cassette, chainrings.
5) Wipe off any excess degreaser and wash with the bike cleaner and sponge. Dry thoroughly.
6) Spray (with care) lubricant on the chain (don't over do it) with an old rag as a backdrop to avoid contaminating any other part of the bike. Wipe any excess oil off the chain.
As a precautionary note, be very careful to avoid the bike rims, brake pads, disc rotors.
Peter, Cycling Manager, DECATHLON